Date and Time: November 2, 2019 7:30 am – 1 pm EDT
Location: Madonna University, Kresge Auditorium
Address: 36600 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia, Michigan
Learn the U.S. Catholic Church’s teachings, guidelines, insights, and best practices from national experts. Be inspired and informed about how to expand disability inclusion and ministry in your Parish.
Clergy, educators, parents, catechists, caregivers, and professionals from across the Archdiocese of Detroit are invited to join us as we ”Unleash the Gospel” to expand belonging for persons with disabilities through our Archdiocese.
The half day event will include Mass, informative keynotes, and breakout sessions.
Keynote presentations include:
- Jason Shanks, a parent of a child with a disability and former Executive Director of Catholic Charities of Southeast Michigan will speak on the ”why” of including individuals in parish life and the sacraments
- Charleen Katra from the Archdioces of Houston, will discuss best practice strategies of faith formation, sacremental preparation and resources to assist in including persons with disabilities in the sacrements and parish life.
- Strategies for Extending the Sacraments to Individuals with Disabilities for Clergy, and Clergy Support Persons.
- Networking and Support for creating belonging in the Parish for
- Strategies, and Resources for Educators and Catechists
This event is being offered through the generous contributions of church related organizations, individuals, corporations, and non-profits who are inspired to advance the belonging of persons with disabilities in the Catholic Church of Southeast Michigan.
Registration and website information will be available in mid-August. If you would like more information please email either Patrick Romzek at firstname.lastname@example.org or Greg Carnachi at email@example.com